Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a whirlwind of trips and experiences!

A lot has happened since my last post! I am finally getting used to walking around my neighborhood (Aventino) and the surrounding areas (Testaccio, Trastevere, the Jewish Ghetto) like a local. There have been a few very good meals (at Nonna Betta in the Jewish Ghetto, Dar Poeta in Trastevere, and a pizzeria in Naples) and even more amazing sites. I have really been trying to get out everyday and seeing something new, a goal I set for myself at the beginning of the trip.

I recently got back from a weekend trip to Naples, Capri, and Pompeii with my program - what a fantastic time. My favorite had to be Capri, seeing as it was basically paradise with its gorgeous views, our swanky hotel, a phenomenal boat trip with a great captain named Salvatore, a cute beach-meets-quaint little town at Ana Capri, and an incredible hike up to Emperor Tiberius' villa.










 after the hike!

 this is not retouched...



Pompeii was also a treat, despite having been there already!








then of course, Naples! This is where I had the best pizza I have ever had ... well at least recently!!


beautiful mosaics!


 The Alexander Mosaic - very famous




Prosciutto, arugula, and mozzarella!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment